Plenty to do
Baden-Baden is bursting with life on different levels: Culture, History, Art, Wellness, natural spectacles and much more. For a short overview:
- A city tour with a city-guide or the City-Train: Culture and History are summarized in a two hour programme
- You should visit the Festspielhaus, the Kurhaus with Casino, the roman bath, the Lichtentaler Allee, the Brahmshaus and the rose garden on your own initiative.
With public transport, with your own car or with a rented bus you have to visit the following:
- The legendary Mummelsee and the Schwarzenbachtalsperre
- A black forest tour, which covers the most important traditions of the region, e.g. Triberg and the black forest clocks, the Vogtsbauernhöfen, glassblowing in Wolfach and much more.
- Rastatt (10 km), with ist baroque buildings and the casemates the city offers a lovely entry to the Badische Revolution. The European WWF institute informs about the nature conservation area Rastatter Rheinauen. On your way to Rastatt you can stop at the castle Favorite and the former unique porcelain collection of the Margrave Augusta Sibyllas.
- Karlsruhe (33 km), the fan shaped city is inviting to strolling around in the big pedestrian area. Whether media technology, zoo with botanical garden, castle or Rhine trip - here you can relax...
- Visit the neighbouring country France along the Rhine with the city Straßburg (ca. 60 km)
- Europapark Rust (ca. 80 km)